In-Charge (Senior) Accountant
Looking for a mentor, training and the opportunity to take your accounting career to the next level? We’re searching for someone with at least three years of professional accounting experience who is ready to help a variety of clients. If you’re excited about the idea of advancing to a Manager role within our flexible workplace that values teamwork, client service and community, we’d like to grab a cup of coffee with you.
Howe, Riley & Howe is a well-respected mid-tier CPA firm with offices in Manchester and Portsmouth. We’re also a:
- Six-time NH Best of Business award winner
- Top 50 Best U.S. Accounting Firm to Work For
We are seeking an In-Charge Accountant to join our team of nearly 50 tax and audit professionals.
Daily responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating the various phases of engagements, including staffing requirements, job planning and scheduling
- Evaluating internal controls used by clients, and preparing audit programs and time budgets based upon risk assessments
- Assigning work to staff accountants on the basis of their knowledge and capabilities
- Supervising and training staff accountants
- Evaluating working papers to determine whether engagements are performed in accordance with professional standards and other regulatory groups
- Reviewing financial statements, disclosure notes, management letters, and other required communication letters
- Ensuring all deadlines on engagements are met
- Preparing federal and state income tax returns for individuals, businesses, and tax exempt organizations
- Preparing complicated tax returns such as consolidated returns, and returns on dissolution or liquidation
- Suggesting client tax planning ideas
- Routine correspondence with clients
Ideal candidates possess:
- CPA license with at least three years of experience in public accounting
- Superior technical and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills in all Microsoft office programs, including excel spreadsheets
- Desire to work both in Audit, Accounting, and Tax
Howe, Riley & Howe’s outstanding work culture and compensation package includes: a flexible work environment; health, life, dental, vision and long-term disability insurance; 401(K) plan; professional dues and travel reimbursement; smart and kind colleagues who know how to have fun; a robust professional development program and competitive salaries. HRH is also an Independent Member of BKR International.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com with the subject line: In-Charge.
Accounting Support Staff
Our partners often refer to the accounting support staff as our “hidden jewels.” This extraordinary group does it all from bookkeeping, financial statement preparation and payroll, to individual and business tax returns. During the summer months, the group works four days per week (but is compensated for five!).Responsibilities include general ledger accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, payroll and payroll tax return preparation. Working knowledge of QuickBooks, MicrosoftOffice and willingness to learn other software programs is required. Qualifications include a demonstrated ability to manage time and multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment, attention to detail and a positive attitude.
Tax and Audit Interns
Interns are provided the same level of training and given many of the same responsibilities as our first year professionals which include: tax return preparation, participation in audits, interaction with both new hires and senior partners, and exposure to all aspects of a public accounting career.
Here’s what we look for:
- A strong academic record
- Excellent communication skills